On an NRA rally in Dallas, Trump said the terrorist attacks in Paris could have been stopped if citizens were armed.

Girl taking a photo with cardboard cutout of US President Donald Trump at NRA rally in Dallas.
A cardboard cutout of the US President at NRA rally in Dallas. Photo: Adrees Latif / Reuters

(Newswire.net — May 6, 2018) — France top officials slammed the US president after his claims that the Bataclan carnage and other 2015 terrorist attacks could have been avoided if the country had looser gun ownership laws.

“If one employee, or one patron had a gun, or if one person in this room had been there with a gun, aimed at the opposite direction, the terrorists would have fled or been shot,” said the US President.

Expressing firm disapproval on Trump’s claims, France officials urged the US President to sustain from disrespecting victims of terror attacks in France, since those attacks took hundreds of lives.  

The former French president Francois Hollande called Trump’s claims “shameful and obscene,” and French Prime minister at the time of the attacks, Manuel Vanlls, called the US President “indecent and incompetent.”

Defending the NRA’s point of view on benefits of arming civilians, other than enormous profit, the US President also pointed at the UK calling London a “war zone.”

“They don’t have guns, they have knives, and instead there’s blood all over the floors of this hospital,” Donald Trump told the conference in Dallas, aggravating the US’s strongest allies.

Meanwhile, France defended a joint military forces idea in Europe with the support of the United Kingdom as it would allow the country to “stay” in the European Union after its official membership ends next year.

Nine countries support the French proposal on creating a EU military – Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Netherland, Belgium, Denmark and Estonia.

British Defense Minister Richard Kerzon said the joint European forces would allow the “deepened partnership” between the UK and the EU, after their Brexit departure.

This initiative, however, provokes NATO’s chief concern, as Americans fear that some European operations will deprive the Alliance of certain resources. The French minister said that such forces would not mean additional money, but, as he believes, there is enough money presented in the draft of the joint budget for the period from 2021 to 2027.

 

Source: http://newswire.net/newsroom/news/00101571-france-slams-trump-over-paris-attacks-claim.html